- Founded in 1971 as the only investment-focused real estate services firm in the nation
- Currently ranked the nation’s largest investment real estate services firm
- In 2016, closed 8,995 investment transactions with a value of approximately $42.3 billion for private and institutional investors
- Operates offices throughout the United States and Canada
- Encompasses a network of over 1,700 investment sales and financing professionals
- Became the first brokerage company to leverage the Internet for property marketing with the launch of MarcusMillichap.com in 1994
PRODUCT SPECIALTY DIVISIONS
To develop the most effective services and provide the best support to clients, Marcus & Millichap has organized its services and expertise by product type. By focusing on and thoroughly understanding the unique characteristics and requirements within each specialty, the firm’s investment specialties are better able to maximize value for its clients. Each specialty division is headed by a director, who oversees a team of investment specialists with distinct training, marketing and communication tools tailored to each product type.
- Retail– Single-tenant
- Affordable Housing
- Student Housing
- Seniors Housing
- Manufactured Housing
- Medical Office
- Golf and Resorts
- Institutional Property Advisors (IPA)
- Marcus & Millichap Capital Corporation (MMCC)
MARCUS & MILLICHAP CAPITAL CORPORATION (MMCC)
MMCC was created to offer real estate investment clients access to the most competitive financing sources available, including commercial banks, securitized lenders, government agencies and life insurance companies. Through its network of national, regional and local lenders, MMCC provides capital markets products for a wide variety of investment properties, including apartments, shopping centers, office buildings, industrial facilities, single-tenant net-lease properties, seniors housing, hotels/motels, manufactured home communities and self-storage facilities. In 2016, MMCC closed more than 1,600 commercial real estate financing transactions and produced approximately $5.1 billion in sales volume.
MARCUS & MILLICHAP MAJOR ACCOUNT SERVICES
This specialized team of analysts and marketing professionals supports larger private and institutional clients in market analysis, property valuation and the development of marketing strategies.
Marcus & Millichap’s Research Services offers investors insightful intelligence on commercial real estate trends and performance by integrating economic and demographic information with commercial real estate fundamentals and sales metrics. The team’s products include an extensive array of market studies, forecasts and presentations highlighting opportunities, nuances and emerging trends that are driving the real estate investment market. The group produces more than 1000 research products annually, customized by property type and local market. Reports are published regularly on MarcusMillichap.com under the Research heading.
REAL ESTATE MARKETING TECHNOLOGY
- MNet System – This comprehensive web-based application matches buyers and properties from coast to coast in real time. It also links the firm’s exclusive property inventory to the greater investment and brokerage communities
- MMWeb – This communications system links over 1,700 investment sales and financing professionals across the U.S. and Canada through one of the first Wide Area Networks (WAN) in the industry
- MarcusMillichap.com – In 1994, Marcus & Millichap pioneered the use of the Internet for property marketing by promoting its listings and services on the Internet